- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/3 pound Ground Beef
- 1 cup minced Celery
- 1 cup cubed Carrots
- 2 cups Tomato Puree
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can Beef broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French Onion soup
- 5 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped Zucchini
- 2 cups Spinach, rinsed and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Box Elbow Macaroni
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon and drain off fat. Add onion, garlic, and beef. When onions are translucent, add celery, carrot, pureed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, broth, condensed soup, water, wine, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, spinach, pasta, garbanzo beans and parsley. Cook for at least 20 minutes, but the longer you let it simmer, the better! Serve with fresh Parmesan or Mozzarella.
- While soup is cooking, cook noodles.
I liked it with Mozzarella the best, and definitely serve with Garlic or French Bread. I also would have loved to have some croutons, or bread crumbs...